Remuneration: To be negotiated on experience
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Limehouse are looking for a creative off-line/on-line editor. The candidate must be able to work right across the Post Production process from initial off-line content edits, through to final on-line grade and sound passes. Motion graphics experience is highly desirable. The editor will be responsible for delivering high-quality content across our full client portfolio, from high end internal communication campaigns to targeted online brand marketing and promo films.
A pivotal role in our Post Production team, the editor will work with raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, scripts, library music and graphics. Working from a brief but also with the creative instinct to work without. Not all projects are shot to cut and the successful applicant must have the creativity to shape a narrative when necessary. The editor will work in close consultation with the Creative, Production, and Post Production teams to ensure relevant content is delivered on message, on brand and in a timely fashion.
- To follow Management System Procedures in respect of jobs flowing through the agency - ensure correct information and job related data is input onto the Company’s Post Production system, reporting progress to the Post Production Coordinator.
- Day-to-day off-line editing.
- Reversioning and mastering of client content.
- On-line grading and sound pass of final outputs to a high standard.
- Meet with the Creative Director, Production Manager and other Designer(s) regularly to discuss how jobs are progressing and provide feedback to relevant production team for subsequent correspondence with the client.
- Creation of motion graphic elements for video outputs, from simple animated name straps to title sequences.
- Ensuring that excellent quality control is adhered to across all deliverables.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time as per the production schedule whilst maintaining accuracy and high quality work to tight timescales.
- Liaison with Production and Post Production team to ensure best practices are met and followed.
- Multi-tasking between daily work schedules, large extensive projects, small projects and business as usual activity.
- Development of in house Post Production techniques (take responsibility for one’s own continuing professional development.
Essential skills required
Successful candidates will possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Post Production based degree or equivalent and/or at least three years’ experience in a similar role. You'll likely have worked within an editing or Post Production environment within a creative agency and have experience in dealing with high profile, high net worth clients, with an appreciation of commercial production values.
- Advanced technical proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- A knowledge of camera based technologies for creative input.
- Proficiency in DVD authoring and file compression.
- Demonstrable After Effects experience.
- Numerate, with excellent team and communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and self develop as an individual and as part of a wider team.
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac OS X computers.
- Experience of working on multiple concurrent projects.
- Can work to tight deadlines and under-pressure.
- Is flexible (may have to work some weekends every once in a while).
- Good organisational skills are a must, self-starter and pro-active.
- Working knowledge DaVinci Resolve.
- A basic knowledge of sound design.
- A basic understanding of 3D Animation.
The role is available as a permanent contract to start as soon as possible. Please send your CV and covering letter to:
The closing date for applications is Friday 29th January 2016.