CREATIVE EDITOR (FILM)
Remuneration: To be negotiated on experience
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Location: Halifax, West Yorkshire
Limehouse is looking for a creative editor to join our team. The candidate must be able to work right across the Post Production process, from initial off-line content cuts, through to final on-line grade and sound passes. Any motion graphics experience would be an advantage. The editor will be responsible for delivering high-quality content across our full client portfolio, from high end internal communication campaigns to targeted online brand marketing and promo films.
A pivotal role in our Post Production team, the editor will work with raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, scripts, library music and graphics. Working from a brief but also with the creative instinct to work without. Not all projects are shot to cut and the successful applicant must have the creativity to shape a narrative when necessary. The editor will work in close consultation with the Creative, Production, and Post Production teams to ensure relevant content is delivered on message, on brand and in a timely fashion.
- To follow Management System Procedures in respect of jobs flowing through the agency - ensure correct information and job related data is input onto the Company’s Post Production system.
- Day-to-day offline editing.
- Reversioning and mastering of client content.
- Online grading and sound pass of final outputs to a high standard.
- Meet with the Head of Film and Creative team regularly to discuss how jobs are progressing and provide feedback to relevant production team for subsequent correspondence with the client.
- Creation of simple motion graphic elements for video outputs, from animated name straps to title sequences.
- Ensuring that excellent quality control is adhered to across all deliverables.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time as per the production schedule while maintaining accuracy and high quality work to tight timescales.
- Liaison with Production and Post Production teams to ensure best practices are met and followed.
- Multi-tasking between daily work schedules, large extensive projects, small projects and business as usual activity.
- Development of in house Post Production techniques (taking responsibility for your own continuing professional development).
Essential skills required
Successful candidates will possess the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Post Production based degree or equivalent and/or at least two years’ experience in a similar role. You'll likely have worked within an editing or Post Production environment within a creative agency and have experience in dealing with high profile, high net worth clients, with an appreciation of commercial production values.
- Advanced technical proficiency in the Adobe Premiere CC and proficiency with supporting Adobe Creative Suite Applications.
- Demonstrable After Effects experience.
- A knowledge of camera based technologies for creative input.
- Proficiency in DVD authoring and file compression.
- Numerate, with excellent team and communication skills.
- A willingness to learn and self develop as an individual and as part of a wider team.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac OS X operating systems.
- Can work to tight deadlines and under-pressure.
- Is flexible (may have to work some weekends every once in awhile).
- Good organisational skills are a must, self-starter and proactive.
- A basic knowledge of sound technology.
- A basic understanding of 3D and 2D animation processes.
The role is available as a permanent contract to start as soon as possible.
To express your interest please send your CV and links to some of your most recent work to Claire@limehouse.tv
Closing date: Friday 10th November 2017
Benefits of working at Limehouse
There are loads of benefits to working at Limehouse - here are just a few.
After three months with us you’ll be auto-enrolled for a pension. You’ll make a monthly contribution from your pay which is topped up by Limehouse and the government ready for your retirement.
Health Cash Plan
After three months with Limehouse you can get Level 2 cover with Healthshield so you’ll be able to claim cash back on a range of therapies and check ups including trips to the dentist, optician and physiotherapist. You can even increase your cover and add family members.
You can save up to £933 a year through your tax and NI contributions by claiming Childcare Vouchers through our Busy Bees scheme. Vouchers can be used for children up to the age of 16 to pay for registered childcare at nurseries, childminders, play schools, preschools, nannies and au pairs, crèches, play schemes, before and after school clubs, holiday camps, independent schools and more.
We have a huge range of great offers and discounts and cashback deals available on purchases from food shopping, holidays and meals out to gym membership, spa days, entertainment and much more.
We have a hard-to-beat holiday allowance of 28 days per annum plus bank holidays (increasing to 29 days after five years service) and a further opportunity to buy up to five additional days through our salary sacrifice scheme. And…
Take your birthday off
We don’t think it’s right to work on your birthday so in addition to your annual holiday entitlement we give you your birthday off too!
There’s loads of other benefits to working at Limehouse including free tea and coffee, free parking, monthly team lunches, annual away day and team nights out…